Last updated: (02/16/23)
This Privacy Statement is designed to make you aware of our privacy practices, the type of information we collected from you and how the data will be used. To make this notice easy to access, a link is available at the bottom of every Axion web page.
Axion respects the privacy of our clients with access to restricted sections of our website. Only their login information will be stored for the purpose of access to the site.
On our website information you may have the opportunity to share personal data such as your name and email (see section on Data Collection below). We will not utilize, sell or rent your data that you share with us on our website.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us at email@example.com
While you are visiting our Website, we may collect technical information such as IP address, browser type, operating system, number and visits to our website, pages you may visit or access, and information volunteered by the user (such as surveys Axion might conduct). This information may be used in aggregate form for reporting and website enhancements. Tracking information that may identify you will be stored for a short time period for customer relationship purposes as long as you are interacting with Axion. We may ask you for the following information:
- Your name
- A valid e-mail address, so that we may communicate with you
- Your organization
- Your country and state, so that we may help personalize your communications
When you submit information, you are transferring such information into the United States and you hereby consent to such a transfer.
Please see the section on cookies for the use of this and similar technologies.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from publicly-available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide personal information about others we will only use that information for the specific reason it was provided to us.
Use of Information
We may use personal information to provide the general services outlined below, which includes services like displaying custom e-mails, newsletters, forms etc. As it is in our legitimate interest to be responsive to you, we will use your personal information as follows:
- We will use your contact information such as your name and e-mail address for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you if you submit a query or request a quote
- To determine access eligibility for certain restricted parts of our Website
- To sign you up if you subscribe to receive our newsletter or content
- We will use your usage information, such as your IP address, number of visits to our Website and pages visited for the following purposes:
- To personalize our website and communications
- To ensure the content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- To monitor trends on our Website to improve the Website and measure the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others
- We will use your personal information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, including by responding to your correspondence and providing updates of services and benefits. From time to time in accordance with applicable law, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or provide you with marketing information we think would be of particular interest. To unsubscribe from promotional emails, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.
The information we collect is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, unless:
- Required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, legal proceeding, or similar legal process.
- To investigate potential violations of our privacy statement.
- If Axion is involved in a sale of all or portions of its assets, you will be notified via e-mail and/or prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or use of your personal information.
To the extent permitted by applicable laws (including only with your consent as required by applicable laws), we will send you periodic marketing messages from Axion, including newsletters, promotions and special offers. We will use your name and e-mail address to send these messages to you. You are able to opt out of receiving such messages without any negative effect to your relationship with Axion by using the unsubscribe instructions included in each email. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails you will still continue to receive emails regarding our business dealings with you. We also reserve the right to contact you when we believe it necessary, including when required by law.
How we keep your personal information secure
Axion is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of personal information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and organizational measures to safeguard and secure it.
When you receive a password (that you have chosen) which enables access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
If you have any questions about the security on our Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Axion and our analytics provider use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movement around the website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Your GDPR Rights
Where GDPR applies you have the following rights:
- Access – you have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information on how we use your information.
When you have provided your personal data to us with consent, you have the right to receive a machine-readable copy of the data you shared.
- Correction – you have the right to ask us to correct personal data when it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to deletion – in certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you. You can also object to us processing your personal data based on legitimate interest and we will no longer process your data.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, when your request will adversely affect others or when there is a law pertaining to your personal data. We will respond to your request in a reasonable time.
You have the right to complain to any applicable data protection authority.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing information, including where we build profiles for this purpose.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will try to assist with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you live or work, or where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
Compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
As a business service, Axion does not target its offerings toward, and does not knowingly collect, any personal information from users under 16 years of age.
Changes to this Policy
Please contact us with questions or comments about our privacy practices at:
Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Axion BioSystems Inc.
1819 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
United States of America
Phone: +1 404 477 2557