Axion BioSystems, an innovative and rapidly growing life sciences company located in Atlanta, GA, has developed the industry’s first and most advanced high-throughput microelectrode array (MEA) product line. MEAs are used for the in-vitro investigation of networks of electrically active cells (e.g. neurons, cardiac cells, muscle cells etc.) for screening compounds, chemicals, toxins etc. When combined with modern stem cell culture technologies, the Maestro platform allows scientists to model human heart-beats and brain activity in a microplate.
Axion’s platform is the most advanced and best-selling MEA system on the market. We are currently seeking a Process Engineer to maintain and optimize current MEA processes in manufacturing while developing next generation MEAs. The applicant should be comfortable taking on many roles in a fast-paced, performance driven environment.
- Manage and optimize current processes related to the manufacturing of in vitro microelectrode arrays
- Establish and manage relationships with MEMS/Packaging outsourcing partners for both fabrication and packaging of MEAs
- Support on-going, continuous process improvements and reliability/characterization projects
- Support next-generation in vitro MEA development
- Maintain current processes and manage continuous improvement projects on the microelectrode array product line (cleaning, inspection, assembly, electroplating, material optimization, etc.)
- Use design of experiments (DOE) and Six Sigma methodologies to optimize current processes
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and develop solutions for problems that arise in manufacturing of the microelectrode array product line
- Develop and document standard operating protocols for various processes
- Design or provide input for new MEAs using appropriate software suites
- Work with multiple teams to improve manufacturing facilities including DI water, compressed air, air filtration systems etc.
- Proficient in a 3D CAD software and capable of designing jigs, fixtures, prototypes
- 3D printing+Milling experience is a plus
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 3-4 years of experience desired
- Experience with cleanroom/circuit board processing (photolithography, deposition, etching, electroplating), laser micromachining, and packaging (wire bonds, chip-on-board, encapsulation, hermetic bonding) desired
- Experience with metrology tools (optical and contact profilometers, scanning electron microscopes) desired
- Experience with mask layout software such as AutoCAD is desired
- Facilities experience strongly desired
- Attention to detail, good documentation and communication skills
- U.S Citizenship or permanent residency required
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.